03 May 2020

Sunday 10th of November

After the rain

Tenth of November 2019

I walked up the canal to the top pound to see what the rain had done up there.
A round trip of about nine miles

Map copyright © Google Maps and Mapmyfitness



Après le déluge
Blue skies





Canal west of Worksop



Muscovy at Wood End
A tad prettier than 'our' muscovy. 
Female?
(I like muscovies)


 

The rail bridge at Doefield Dun Lock:



Panorama of Shireoaks Woodland from Doefield Dun Lock.
(I like panoramas)



Lichen
(I like lichen)



Ivy fruit is great food for birds, especially blackbirds, when other sources have gone.
(I like ivy)



Ivy also provides a sunbathing nest for larger animals.
(I like cats)


Fungus - is it dead man's fingers?
(I like fungi)



Bramble flowers
(I like out of season flowers)



Many spotted ladybird
(I like insects)



I think that I shall never see 
A poem lovely as a tree.



Feeder Lock on the Chesterfield Canal
Isn't that beautiful?



Robin at Turnerwood
(Who doesn't like robins?)



Sunlight with midges
So difficult to photograph



Never before seen the overflow so violent


Pudding Dyke leaves the canal
I have walked across here dryshod in the Summer






This is Pudding Dyke entering the canal
Normally it flows in below the level of the canal's water.

After leaving the canal, Pudding Dyke goes on to feed lakes at Lindrick Dale and join Anston Brook to form the Ryton which flows through Worksop and on to join the Idle, the Trent and ultimately the Humber estuary into the North Sea.



Woody nightshade flaunts its toxic berries in the undergrowth.



The top pound is a must see on  the Chesterfield Canal
Autumn might be my favourite season.





Trees across the canal just above Cinderhill.
(I like trees - especially in Autumn)



A tree in the canalside hedgerow picked out by the sun






A kingfisher glimpsed momentarily across the canal
(I love kingfishers)


Panorama of a newly ploughed field at four o' the afternoon.
(I like panoramas)




Pondorama
(I really like panoramas)


And so home.

All pictures and videos copyright © Roger T Bunting except where stated otherwise.





copyright unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak: