22 July 2011

Friday Morning

Starters:
Had to buy a new memory card, (looking at the dead one, it seems to have got wet somehow) I'd got a couple of 2 Gig ones,but they're slow and not really big enuff for my snapping habit. So that's £25 gone. I know you can get 'em (a lot) cheaper, but speed and reliability have to be taken into account.
Had to buy a new microwave: another £40!

Rain! Wednesday it rained; only showers but such torrents when they came:
lovely weather for ducks


The blue-green alga's still on the pond, now all round, earlier it was just at the top (west) end.

Now there's the warning notice: just in time for the school holidays.

To lessen the repetitive boredom, I've stuck all the grebe nesting pics in a slideshow:

Tip: don't click the centre arrow, click an edge.

Swans are so photogenic!
Tip: don't click the centre arrow, click an edge.

So I've slideshowed a few.

I didn't know that moorhens ate fish:





And here's interesting:

Tip: don't click the centre arrow, click an edge.


Daddy grebe brought junior a fish and a gull decided it wanted some. Both grebes dived and, presumably, the fish was transferred under water. Didn't quite catch all the action it took me by surprise.


The roses on the Canch are struggling against the depredations of the weather and, I suspect, the financial situation.








Couldn't resist this:

Tip: don't click the centre arrow, click an edge.

Gingernuts and Gingerkit kipping together. They've both allowed me to feed and house them but I've no idea where they're from. Since Gingerkit turned up Gingernuts has become quite affectionate: he's on my lap at the moment.

A few favourites to end:

He looks as if he's describing the one that got away.


Mother and younger child only.


This moorhen seems to be suspended.

2 comments:

  1. Things all seem to go at once - causing major expense! I can see why the memory card got wet though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! It's as well I've not got a car: that'd hve been bound to throw a wobbler at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Speak: